Friday, January 9, 2009

Hello from Iwake!

I want to apologize for the lack of updates, it's very difficult to find an internet connection let alone a time get on! I just woke up and had breakfast and we are supposed to gather for devotions in 5 minutes.

I'm out in the "country". The town is called Iwake, and is about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Tokyo. They told me it was the country, but it's actually a city. There are mountains and more green than Tokyo, but it ain't the country! It is only me and 4 other team members here, as we split the team into three groups for this week. My team went to meet with a guy named Eriya who is involved in the CCC (Campus Crusade for Christ). We spent 3 days in the city of Tokyo, where he is located, and then left for Iwake (another 3 days here). I feel like I have so many stories, but I can't get them all out on the blog. I'll just have to tell you in person! Remember, God is good!

One cool thing though, I went to an onsen (public bath). It was really relaxing, but there is something unsettling about showering/bathing naked in a room full of gloomy japanese salarymen. So... More to come later!

No comments: