Thursday, January 29, 2009

日本のたくさん新しい写真 (Many new photos of Japan!)

So short and brief descriptions in this blog. Yet, this post is replete with pictures to hopefully make-up for my negligence.

I think this means "Welcome to Japan!"


We went to a temple around New Years time and it was so crowded! I found it really interesting how you can have this traditional temple in the middle of a sprawling metropolis. This picture captures that dichotomy.


Beautiful Tokyo Tower, I love this picture.



Just some innocent fun at the Laundry Mat! You can kind of see me in the reflection. Using appliances in Japanese is not the most convenient thing if you catch my meaning. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what meant "normal" on this thing.




Oh sweet Lord, I love this. The first Japanese appliance store we went to had this... thing. So funny to watch and so fun to ride. I think it's ages 12 and up.. what's really funny is maybe a month later we saw this machine in some woman's house. I can't believe people use this to work out. It's a mechanical saddle.


These are some girls who we met through the church. The one on the right accepted Jesus while we were there. I think the one on the left is still non-Christian. I swear though this is how they looked all the time. They were always giggling about something. You can kind of see the church in the background lots of people. Talking... eating.. It's after service lunch-time.





We arrive in Osaka, fresh off the Shinkansen. At first we though the Shinkansen didn't have bathrooms (that's what we were told). Then we found the bathrooms were accessable by these gliding doors -plus!- the toilet seat (up/down) and flush are activated by an IR Sensor you put your finger near. Different, yeah?


This is my room in Osaka. I love it.. the best part is Eco, our toilet. I will introduce you later.

Track Sushi in Osaka, for a team members birthday.
I spent $12 for... 24 pieces of mind-boggling delicious sushi.
I can get used to that!


This is the karaoke place we went to after track sushi. I think the following video will speak for itself.






2 comments:

Alicia said...

love the pictures.
and the videos are great too. got a good laugh with those saddles, haha!

Anonymous said...

oh gavin.. i miss you soo much!! you come home soon i cant wait to hear all of your stories!!! Love you Cuz!!